Monday, May 3, 2010

Food Challenge, Perhaps?

Many years ago I discovered a love for food. A few years ago, I discovered that I love to make food as well. I've recently become very curious about what my limits are when it comes to the kitchen. I know I can bake, roast, saute, boil, steam, stir, and barbecue. But can I flambe, stew, grill, fry, smoke, or braise?
That's exactly what I intend to find out!

Over the next year or so, maybe more, I'm not really sure, I would like to make one new recipe a week. Maybe more than one a week, I'm not really sure. I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, you know?
So now I extend an invitation to you.
I'm absolutely certain that I am going to run out of ideas for new things to make. So, if you have a recipe that you would like to share, or know of a recipe that you would like to see me TRY, let me know! I'm fair game!

I think my first recipe to try will be...

Maltese Pastizzi!
The inspiration for this particular recipe originates from my best friends, Ryan and Laura. Laura has grandparents who immigrated from Malta, and her Nana makes Pastizzi from scratch for all her children and grandchildren, and Ryan loves to eat it.
I don't think I could ever make it as well as she does, because she has many years of experience. But that's what makes all of this such an exciting adventure! To test the waters and make an attempt at something new!
I've heard it's really hard to make.. But I'm up for the challenge!

Bring on the Pastizzi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment