Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jayne Clobber, #704


I'm finally in the 'big girl' league, and after being there only a few weeks, I feel like I'm really improving.
Of course, trying to attend every practice every day of the week, even if it's not my own practice time, has probably helped that a lot..

I finally decided on my derby name, even submitted it to be registered with my very own derby number. 
Jayne Clobber, #704.
I originally wanted it to be 7/4, but the number 74 is a number that's already been registered to the league by a recently retired skater, so I can't register it.. It's my mom's birthday. :) I think she would have been my biggest fan, and she would have been really proud of me for having gotten this far by pushing myself, so I should honor her in some way. Plus, she was awesome, duh, and her birthday was Independence Day, so how could I not go with it? A little patriotism is always a good idea. ;)
Can't wait to repaint my helmet this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment