Friday, October 21, 2011

Arrrrgh!

Well, tomorrow is the last Roller Derby bout of the season for Sacred City, and I'm stoked! I'm going to be wearing my halloween costume. I'm very excited! I'm going as a pirate because it's the only thing I could think of that would incorporate a sling without it looking completely tacky.. Well, I could've gone as a mummy, but that's dumb.. I have yet to see an attractive mummy costume..
Anyway! I'm very excited about tomorrow! I will be working the doors, checking ID's and cross checking your name as you come in. I'll have a camera that my sister so nicely is lending to me, which I'm very excited about, because I don't own a real camera.. Which makes me very glum..

My costume was an attempt to outdo the Halloween City super store.. I had tried on the pirate costume fashioned after Angelica from Pirates of the Caribbean 4, and after deciding that it was very poorly made and cost way too much, I declared I could do better myself.. And then I stepped in it and actually am doing it myself..
It started out as an adventure, I was going to make a pirate hat and corset out of a pair of leather pants I got at a thrift store, and then I changed my mind about the corset and was going to make a pair of spats to cover up a pair of work boots I have. But.. I ended up measuring the hat wrong, which is was hitting myself in the head for, and ended up trashing the entire leather project. Perfectly good waste of a perfectly well fitting pair of leather pants.. Pretty sure they were mens, and they were a few sizes too big, but the fact remains.. Poor pants..
But! I did manage to get my hands on some fishnet leggings and some shorts, that were originally made for athletics, and I partially shredded up a button up shirt I got. I'm very excited about the shirt, actually.. I used some dental floss, my thread of choice for the past several years, and put in some loopholes. And then I got my sister to get me some ribbon, thank goodness for sisters, and threaded a corset in the back. It's very crafty of me, I must say. I know you probably don't care about all of this, but I feel awesome having something to do.
Sexy Toilet Paper
Since having trashed my hat plan, I have to resort to a bandana plan, or Plan B(for bandana, aren't I clever).. If it doesn't look right, though, I'll drop by a dollar store and get a hat there. Or, I shudder to think, a Halloween City. Bleck. Mass produced felt crap for too much money, that's what that is.
Hot Couch Backdrop
And I got so excited about wearing my outfit for the bout tomorrow night that I had to try it on all together! I mean, who wouldn't get excited, right? Trying stuff on is always a blast, although I only like doing it when I'm alone, really.. That way no one can laugh at me. :D
Besides, every girl looks sexier when she's taking pictures of herself in fishnets in front of a couch or next to a toilet. Am I right, or am I right? I know that's my favorite lady picture backdrop. *shakes head* Oh, I also put makeup on my face in semi-traditional Dia De Los Muertos garb so I could see what I might do for Halloween and for the bout tomorrow night. Have I mentioned I a little excited about it? Yes. Definitely excited.

Oh, and I also officially activated my disability leave today. Got ahold of my dad last night, and am in the process of getting some plane tickets to go visit some friends in Texas. Which I'm pretty excited about, because I haven't been there in over a year, and all of my friends have been asking me to visit them pretty incessantly. And I'm pretty excited about it. I'll get to meet some babies for the first time, which I am so excited about!
Me & my "brother" Dan last year at Warrior Dash
And next week I'll be going to the Best(I mean! Bay!) Area to spend some time with my favorite humans on the planet(no offense to anyone who doesn't live there).
On Saturday I'll be running(sort of) in the Warrior Dash with my best friend and my favorite Wife-of-best-friend. I'm pretty freaking excited.
You know, for someone who loves their job and desperately tried to not go on disability, I'm doing pretty good at keeping busy these last few days, and am going to be these next few weeks. I love vacation. I hate the pay, though.. Sixty-six and two thirds percent of your average take home is not exactly my idea of fun, but.. I'm going to do what I can to survive.

I promise to post about the bout soon! And hopefully my sister will let me borrow her camera for all these miniature excursions. And hopefully she reads this and takes this as a playful nudge in the ribs to let me. :D

Super excited!
Four weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment